The Harmony DX is Earthlite’s bang-for-the-buck massage table that caters to both novices and professionals. Just like its big brother, the Avalon XD, the Earthlite Harmony DX is also an eco-friendly product. Let’s get to the notable differences between the two:
|Feature||Harmony DX||Avalon XD|
|Target Market||Beginners, Professionals||Professionals|
|Padding||2.5 inches thick||2.75 inches thick|
|Facecradle||Standard CFC free||Flex-Rest, Form-fit|
|Endplates||Standard||Standard + Half Reiki|
|Quick Release/Push-Lock||No||Yes (Shiatsu Release Cables)|
|Working Weight Limit||600 lbs.||750 lbs.|
- The Flex-Rest platform eliminates pressure points with a pliable platform section, which bends and pivots under pressure to provide optimal support angles.
- The Form-fit memory cushion is a viscoelastic memory cushioning system with a high density support layer.
- The Natursoft upholstery in the Avalon XD has a luxurious silky-smooth feel that's similar to fine glove leather. It is long lasting and easy to clean. It is made of eco-friendly polyurethane fabric with biodegradable rayon backing and is available in 7 colors.
- The Nature's Touch upholstery in the Harmony DX is almost like the Natursoft upholstery, but it doesn't feel as smooth as Natursoft. It's also available in fewer colors (4).
- The Shiatsu Release Cable, also called the Push-lock or the Quick Release, allows you to place the table top directly on the ground so you can apply huge amounts of pressure on the client.
Features and Specifications
The Earthlite Harmony DX package consists of the full size table, a deluxe adjustable and removable headrest and a heavy duty carry case. The specifications are generally identical to the Avalon XD apart from the differences stated above.
|Table Specs||Additional Specs|
|Hard Maple legs and braces||Full-length piano hinge|
|Lightweight aircraft grade Russian Birch decking||1000 lb. aircraft grade steel support cables|
|73 inches long (6 feet) x 30 inches wide (2.5 feet)||Heavy duty carry case included|
|Table weight: 33-34 lbs.||Dual Maple headrest outlets|
|Adjustable height: 23 inches up to 33 inches||Non-slip, Stablefoot Traction Pads|
|Shipping weight: 45 lbs.||Lifetime limited warranty on table|
|Available in Black, Burgundy, Agate Blue and Teal||3-year warranty on foam/upholstery|
Despite being positioned as economical, the Earthlite Harmony DX is still on the upper echelon of massage tables. There’s no cutting corners on Earthlite products, so you’re guaranteed a well built and long lasting table that doesn’t squeak or wobble. However, this isn’t something for every home. The price is still too steep when compared to the ones from BestMassage or Sierra Comfort.
The Harmony DX is so easy to set up. It literally just takes 30 seconds, give or take, to open it or pack it away. Regarding the weight, it’s on the heavy side. A table cart is recommended if you’re going to be moving it around a lot.
Even though it doesn’t have the Reiki endplates, the Harmony DX is still good for Reiki use due to its durability and high quality padding. In fact, there are many Reiki practitioners who own this table.
All in all, the Harmony DX is better for practitioners who can recoup the costs through several massages. It’s certainly a good investment for them.